A dice game for the classroom
Educational level: From Primary to Secondary School
Time: 1-2 hours
A simple activity where students are introduced to diferent space careers by playing a dice game, after which they have to write a text or a theatrical play about the theme.
- To introduce students to space related careers.
- To identify students’ interests and hopes for the future.
- To promote space careers as a motivation for learning and studying STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) at school.
- To explore and to research about possible future space careers and space missions.
To investigate space science topics and phenomena which relate to space careers.
Students will be able:
- To identify and explore skills that are important in the pursuit of a career related to space;
- To identify current and future space careers, and their importance to humankind;
- To image future space missions within our Solar System.
- Ask the student to identify some space careers.
- Assess the originality of the text or theatrical play describing the space mission to a body of our Solar System imagined by the student, checking if the required skills and importance of the job to humankind were indicated.